Last Updated: July 1, 2009
Eligibility and Account Registration
The Site and Services are intended solely for persons who are 16 or older. Any access to or use of the Site or Services by anyone under 16 is expressly prohibited. By accessing or using the Site or Services, you represent and warrant that you are 16 or older.
In order to access certain features of the Site and Services and to post any Content on the Site or through the Services, you must register to create an account (“Account”) and become a “User.” To become a User, you must be at least 16 years old. Any registration by anyone under 16 is void. By completing the registration process to create an Account, you represent and warrant that you are 16 or older.
During the registration process, you will be required to provide certain information, including but not limited to, your Twitter login credentials. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information during the registration process and to update such information to keep it accurate, current and complete. Tweservation reserves the right to suspend or terminate your Account if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, not current or incomplete.
You are responsible for safeguarding your password. You agree not to disclose your password to any third party and to take sole responsibility for any activities or actions under your Account, whether or not you have authorized such activities or actions. You will immediately notify Tweservation of any unauthorized use of your Account.
We welcome and encourage you to provide feedback, comments and suggestions for improvements to the Site and Services (“Feedback”). You may submit Feedback by emailing us at info@tweservation or through the “Help” section of the Site. You acknowledge and agree that all Feedback will be the sole and exclusive property of Tweservation and you hereby irrevocably assign to Tweservation and agree to irrevocably assign to Tweservation all of your right, title, and interest in and to all Feedback, including without limitation, all worldwide patent rights, copyright rights, trade secret rights, and other proprietary or intellectual property rights therein. At Tweservation’s request and expense, you will execute documents and take such further acts as Tweservation may reasonably request to assist Tweservation to acquire, perfect, and maintain its intellectual property rights and other legal protections for the Feedback.
You agree not to do any of the following while using the Site, Services or Content:
- Post, upload, publish, submit or transmit any text, graphics, images, software, music, audio, video, information or other material that: (i) infringes, misappropriates or violates a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) violates, or encourages any conduct that would violate, any applicable law or regulation or would give rise to civil liability; (iii) is fraudulent, false, misleading or deceptive; (iv) is defamatory, obscene, pornographic, vulgar or offensive; (v) promotes discrimination, bigotry, racism, hatred, harassment or harm against any individual or group; (vi) is violent or threatening or promotes violence or actions that are threatening to any other person; or (vii) promotes illegal or harmful activities or substances (including but not limited to activities that promote or provide instructional information regarding the manufacture or purchase of illegal weapons or illegal substances);
- Use, display, mirror, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose the Site, or any individual element or materials within the Site, Tweservation’s name, any Tweservation trademark, logo or other proprietary information, the content of any text or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without Tweservation’s express written consent;
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of the Site, Tweservation’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of Tweservation’s providers;
- Attempt to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any Tweservation system or network or breach any security or authentication measures;
- Avoid, bypass, remove, deactivate, impair, descramble or otherwise circumvent any technological measure implemented by Tweservation or any of Tweservation’s providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Site, Services or Content;
- Attempt to access or search the Site, Services or Content or download Content from the Site or Services through the use of any engine, software, tool, agent, device or mechanism (including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than the software and/or search agents provided by Tweservation or other generally available third party web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Opera);
- Send any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, email, junk mail, spam, chain letters or other form of solicitation;
- Use any meta tags or other hidden text or metadata utilizing a Tweservation trademark, logo URL or product name without Tweservation’s express written consent;
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting, or in any way use the Site, Services or Content to send altered, deceptive or false source-identifying information;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer any of the software used to provide the Site, Services or Content;
- Interfere with, or attempt to interfere with, the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, or mail-bombing the Site;
- Collect or store any personally identifiable information from the Site or Services from other users of the Site or Services without their express permission;
- Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- Violate any applicable law or regulation; or
- Encourage or enable any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
Tweservation respects copyright law and expects its users to do the same. Tweservation has adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of registered users or other account holders who repeatedly infringe or are believed to be repeatedly infringing the rights of copyright holders. Please see Tweservation’s Copyright/DMCA Policy at email@example.com, for further information.
The Site may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that Tweservation is not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by Tweservation of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
Termination and Account Cancellation
THE SITE, SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, TWESERVATION EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE.
TWESERVATION MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE SITE, SERVICES OR CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE BASIS. TWESERVATION MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR CONTENT PURCHASED OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICES OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICES.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM TWESERVATION OR THROUGH THE SITE, SERVICES OR CONTENT, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF the SITE OR SERVICES OR PERSONS YOU MEET THROUGH USE OF the SITE OR SERVICES
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE BUSINESS UTILIZING TWESERVATION FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT TWESERVATION DOES NOT SCREEN OR INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ANY USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, NOR DOES TWESERVATION MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES. TWESERVATION MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES. YOU AGREE TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE SITE OR SERVICES AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, PARTICULARLY IF YOU DECIDE TO MEET OFFLINE OR IN PERSON.
Limitation of Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT, TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ENTIRE RISK ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, SERVICES AND CONTENT REMAINS WITH YOU. NEITHER Tweservation NOR ANY OTHER party involved in creating, producing, or delivering the Site, Services or Content will be liable for any incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR LOSS OF GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL OR BODILY INJURY OR EMOTIONAL DISTRESS arising ouT of or in connection with thESE TERMS or from the use OF or inability to use the SITE, ServiceS OR CONTENT, OR FROM ANY COMMUNICATIONS, INTERACTIONS OR MEETINGS WITH OTHER USERS OF the SITE OR SERVICES OR OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), PRODUCT LIABILITY or any other legal theory, and whether or not TWESERVATION has been informed of the possibility of such damage, EVEN IF A limited REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PUrPOSE. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TWESERVATION IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. FURTHER, TWESERVATION WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT UPLOADED ONTO OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE OR THROUGH THE SERVICES.
In no event will TWESERVATION’ aggregate liability arising out of or in connection with THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, SERVICES OR CONTENT EXCEED TWENTY ($20.00) U.S. DOLLARS. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN TWESERVATION AND YOU.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Acknowledgement of Private Beta
You acknowledge and agree that: (a) the Site, Services and the Content have not been commercially released by Tweservation; (b) the Site, Services and the Content may not operate properly, be in final form or fully functional; (c) the Site, Services and the Content may contain errors, design flaws or other problems; (d) it may not be possible to make the Site, Services and the Content fully functional; (e) the information obtained via the Site, Services and the Content may not be accurate; (f) use of the Site, Services and the Content may result in unexpected results, loss of data or communications or other unpredictable damage or loss; (g) Tweservation is under no obligation to release a commercial version the Site, Services and the Content; and (h) Tweservation has the right to unilaterally abandon development of the Site, Services and the Content at any time and without any obligation or liability to you. You acknowledge and agree that you should not rely on the Site, Services and the Content for any reason. You further acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for maintaining, backing up, and protecting all of your User Content.
Proprietary Rights Notices
All trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations of Tweservation used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tweservation. Any other trademarks, service marks, logos, trade names and any other proprietary designations are the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective parties.
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction
Terms of service
Tweservation, LLC (“Tweservation”) respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects its users to do the same. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998, the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, Tweservation will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Tweservation service and/or the Tweservation website (the “Site”) that are reported to Tweservation’s Designated Copyright Agent identified in the sample notice below.
If you are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Site by completing the following DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement and delivering it to Tweservation’s Designated Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of Notice as described below, Tweservation will take whatever action, in its sole discretion, it deems appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Site.
DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement (“Notice”)
1. Identify the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, or - if multiple copyrighted works are covered by this Notice - you may provide a representative list of the copyrighted works that you claim have been infringed.
2. Identify the material or link you claim is infringing (or the subject of infringing activity) and that access to which is to be disabled, including at a minimum, if applicable, the URL of the link shown on the Site where such material may be found.
3. Provide your mailing address, telephone number, and, if available, email address.
4. Include both of the following statements in the body of the Notice:
- “I hereby state that I have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use).”
- “I hereby state that the information in this Notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right under the copyright that is allegedly infringed.”
5. Provide your full legal name and your electronic or physical signature.
Deliver this Notice, with all items completed, to Tweservation’s Designated Copyright Agent:
c/o Tweservation LLC
888 7th Street Suite 325
San Francisco, CA 94107